Become a SAM Member Sacramento Area Museums
Consider joining a collaborative and diverse group of local museums and destinations with similar marketing goals. Below is information about membership to SAM (Sacramento Area Museums).
Sacramento Area Museums (SAM) must meet the general criteria and eligibility for membership as described on the Membership Application.
Benefits of SAM Membership
SAM works on behalf of member museums to increase awareness of local museums through ongoing collaborative marketing and promotion. This includes a presence on the SAM website and in marketing materials as well as periodic collaborative advertising in local publications and features on local TV and radio programs. SAM’s paid, professional marketing consultant works with members to promote events, exhibits and special features to encourage interest in the Sacramento region’s art, science, history, wildlife and cultural treasures.
As a member of SAM, your organization will have the opportunity to connect with other local museums offering insight, ideas and best practices. Standing together in membership lets Sacramento’s museums access solutions and resources to address issues otherwise faced alone. SAM is a community of professionals working together for the greater good of our organizations and the Sacramento area community.
– Full listing with photo and link for each site on the SAM website
– Listing for each site in SAM marketing materials
– Ongoing collaborative promotion
– Periodic collaborative advertising
– Event participation including SAM’s annual Museum Day
– Opportunity for equal representation at SAM general membership and sub-committee meetings
– Attendance at monthly meetings
– Participation in at least one sub-committee
– Full participation in SAM collaborative promotional and advertising efforts
– Share in hosting of monthly meetings
Museum Membership Dues
Dues are assessed annually to the organization based on budget size regardless of the number of sites under that organization:
– Budget $250,000 and under –$250
– $250,001 to $500,000 — $400
– $500,001 to $2,000,000 — $550
– Budget over $2,000,000 — $750
Affiliate and Associate Members
– Affiliate Member: a museum located outside the boundaries of the Sacramento area as defined by SAM
– Associate Member: a non-museum entity aligned with SAM’s mission
Benefits of Affiliate/Associate Membership
Affiliate or Associate membership with the Sacramento Area Museums (SAM) is beneficial for museums, businesses, and societies who share common missions or work directly with museums. SAM can help grow or establish professional connections with Sacramento’s museum community.
SAM Affiliate/Associate members gain visibility with membership. All new members are announced at SAM’s monthly meetings. Affiliate/Associate membership brings other opportunities to raise your organization’s visibility among SAM museum members including sponsorships and promotional opportunities available only to SAM Affiliate/Associate members.
– Opportunity to build relationships with museum decision-makers
– Participation in select SAM events
– Listing on SAM website (name, address, phone number and a one sentence description)
– Opportunity for sponsorships and other promotional opportunities
Associate/Affiliate Membership Dues
For more information or an application, please contact Lynda Walls at email@example.com.