Sac Museums Booth at State Fair Various museums
Back by popular demand, Sacramento Area Museums (SAM) will offer a fun and interactive booth at the California State Fair (July 14-30, 2017) in an effort to showcase the variety and diversity of offerings available in the region. State Fair guests are invited to imagine, explore and discover more about local museums and destinations at the visually-exciting Sacramento Museums booth that will be located in Building B (southwest corner).
In addition to providing helpful information about the nearly 30 SAM member museums, the Sacramento Museums booth will include a number of hands-on activities every day that include the following:
– Guests can experience what it’s like to sit in a T-28 Procedures Trainer provided by the Aerospace Museum of California;
– Kids will love learning how gears work and interlock while operating a special gear box provided by the California Automobile Museum;
– Kids will enjoy a space shuttle play structure offered by the Powerhouse Science Center – Discovery Campus;
– Visitors can catch gold fever while they learn to pan for gold in a trough provided by the Sacramento History Museum;
– Fairgoers can sit behind a vintage school desk and try on a dunce cap on loan from the Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum;
– Interested guests can participate in creative and visual play on the Giant Lite Brite and take fun photo photos in a special selfie frames provided by the Sacramento Children’s Museum.
California State Fair guests are encouraged to visit the Sacramento Museums booth more than once as it will be staffed by different museums each day of the fair. Participating museums that will be on-site on a rotating basis include the following: Aerospace Museum of California, California Agriculture Museum, California Automobile Museum, California Museum, California State Railroad Museum, Fairytale Town, Museum of Medical History, Powerhouse Science Center Discovery Campus, Roseville Utility Exploration Center, Sacramento Children’s Museum, Sacramento Historic City Cemetery, Sacramento History Museum, Sacramento Zoo, Sojourner Truth African American Museum, Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park, Verge Center for the Arts and the Wells Fargo Museum.
For California State Fair tickets, directions and information, go to www.castatefair.org. For an updated Sacramento Museums State Fair booth schedule or information about SAM in general, please visit www.SacMuseums.org. Stay updated about Sacramento area museums by liking them on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/SacMuseums and following them on Twitter @SacMuseums.
About the Sacramento Area Museums (SAM)
Comprised of nearly 30 greater Sacramento area museums working in partnership with Visit Sacramento, SAM’s mission is to raise awareness of local museums by giving the community the opportunity to discover California’s fine art, history, science and wildlife treasures. SAM achieves its mission through implementing cooperative promotions and developing strategic marketing alliances, by encouraging sharing of knowledge and resources among its partner institutions. For more information, visit www.SacMuseums.org