Job Openings (2) Current Postions Available
Museum: Crocker Art Museum
Position: Visitor Services Representative (Part-time, Non-exempt)
Visitor Services Representatives promote an engaging visitor experience while enforcing Museum procedures and ensuring the visitor’s first and last impressions of their experience at the Museum is a positive one. Visitor Services Representatives provide excellent customer service and have good working knowledge of the Crocker exhibitions, programs, and facilities. They assist with visitor greetings and orientation and think creatively when faced with day-to-day scenarios. Visitor Services Representatives are cross-trained in customer service and sales, clerical tasks, museum exhibitions, and programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times.
Act as information resource for visitors and members and have a complete understanding of Museum activities.
Use ticketing system to process the sales of admission tickets and program registration.
Sell memberships based on an understanding of and ability to communicate the benefits of different membership levels. Attaining goals for these sales is considered in the employee’s annual performance appraisal.
Greet Museum visitors and answer general questions about Sacramento and the region.
Receive visitor complaints and help provide solutions for issues that may arise.
Understand and administer Museum policies regarding photography, items allowed in the galleries, coat check, etc.
Replenish materials for interactive gallery space, Tot Land, and collateral racks.
Follow procedures outlined in the VSR Handbook regarding opening/closing ticketing stations.
Sell and distribute audio guides to visitors and explain their use.
Maintain a clean, organized, and professional workspace.
Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualified candidates should enjoy working with the public and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility to remain professional in stressful circumstances, and problem solve on the spot. Experience working in museums or other arts related organizations is recommended. Working with point of sales systems, specifically Counterpoint, is recommended.
This position has no direct reports.
Responsible for cash and credit card transactions.
* * *
Museum: California State Railroad Museum Foundation
Position: Membership Assistant
Position Reports to: Membership & Development Manager
Status: Hourly Part Time (16 – 32 hours per week; must be available at least 1 weekend day)
Starting Wage: $10.50 per hour
Position Summary: Located in Old Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum Foundation is a non-profit organization, which supports the California State Railroad Museum and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park. The Membership Assistant position performs the daily processing of memberships and donations for both the California State Railroad Museum and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park.
– Required to work 2-4 days per week from 8:30am-5pm in the Membership Department with primary duties consisting of:
– Customer service by phone, written communication, and in person.
– Daily processing of memberships and donations including:
o Collecting, opening, and coding mail.
o Collecting sales forms from various sales outlets including the Front Desk, Gift Store, and the Sacramento Southern Railroad.
o Data entry using the Raiser’s Edge software.
o Printing and mailing of membership cards and tax letters.
– Processing of membership renewal mailings including folding, stuffing, and mailing.
– Assisting the Membership Department with any special projects or reports.
– Assisting other CSRM Foundation departments with projects as needed.
– Assisting with events including after-hour member events, special train rides, Polar Express, etc.
o Duties may include ticket sales, processing, and customer service for the event.
– Working at the Museum Front Desk and Sacramento Southern Railroad selling memberships, merchandise, and distributing will call.
o Providing excellent customer service while working alongside Museum Park Aides, Guides, and Docents.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Experience in customer service.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Basic math and written communication skills.
– Organizational skills and accuracy are very important.
– Ability to type quickly and accurately.
– Familiarity with general office equipment and programs such as email, voicemail, copiers, fax, postage meter, 10-key, Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Experience in Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
– A friendly disposition and positive “Can do!” spirit required!
Please apply to: Jennifer Sengo at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2017