Job Openings Current Positions Available
Museum: Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
Position: Office Technician
Date Posted: 11/3/18
The reporting location for this position is Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park, located in Sacramento, CA. Will work under the supervision of the Guide II Historical Monument (Supervisor).
This position will assist with the operations of the History Sector, which includes the State Indian Museum and Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park. Effective communication and correspondence with other staff, partners, stakeholders, volunteers, and the public is crucial to success in this position, as well as the ability to work with volunteers of many different backgrounds and with diverse interests. This position must be able to use good judgement and apply Department policies and District processes to help maintain these programs. Will act as lead and give functional guidance in training volunteers, and participants for these programs. Assist the Sector with interpretation, visitor service and revenue collection, purchasing and accounting.
Normal workdays must include Thursday, Friday and Saturdays. Evenings, weekends and holiday work may be required.
This position may work up to 1500 hours per year.
State housing is not available. For further information regarding this position, please contact Alison Parks at (916) 324-0040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about how to apply, please visit https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=131536&fbclid=IwAR1kDWSDfX5KRX5DCS9MmgCpaqXi95z-heFrfqrQXh3KedzNY_Ne5SLQsfQ
* * *
Museum: California Automobile Museum
Position: Executive Director
Date Posted: 11/1/18
The Mission of the California Automobile Museum (CAM) is to preserve, exhibit and teach the story of the automobile and its influence on our lives.
General Job Description:
The CAM Executive Director (ED) is the chief executive officer and “face” of the Museum, responsible for fiscal leadership and general management and operation of the museum, including programs, partnerships, budget, fundraising, public relations, recruiting and marketing. The ED works closely with the Board of Directors, staff, docents, and volunteers to develop, articulate, and implement the strategic direction of the Museum in order to accomplish the Museum’s mission.
– Managing all aspects of museum operation, including budgets, finances, programs, staff, and the physical plant, in an efficient and effective manner;
– Developing fundraising strategies, including capital campaigns, that bring in additional outside revenue from public, corporate, foundation and individual sources, and effectively balancing income and expenditures to assure the financial health of the Museum;
– Increasing local and regional public awareness of the mission and programming offered by CAM in order to attract visitors, donors and volunteers to the Museum;
– Interacting with the Sacramento community, including patrons, donors, CAM members, exhibitors, car clubs, schools, civic organizations, local and state government, docents and volunteers, to ensure CAM reflects their needs and that its contributions are recognized;
– Developing a vision to move the Museum ahead while preserving the traditional qualities from which the Museum has derived its success.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, Business Administration or related degree;
– Proven ability to organize and manage a budget, monitor on-going financial performance, and demonstrated success in fundraising and implementing a capital campaign;
– Significant experience as a leader or manager within a public museum or non-profit
with a comparable budget, or demonstrated management, analytical, and planning skills that provide a potential to grow into this profile;
– Superior communication skills, and the ability to work with, implement policies of, and report to the Board of Directors to carry out the mission of the Museum and the vision of what the Museum is and can be;
– Experience in managing a staff and dealing with human resources and related issues, including hiring, monitoring, evaluating, and terminating employees;
– An appreciation of the automobile and its impact on our lives and history.
Additional Notes on the Position:
– Reports monthly to the Board of Directors through the President of the Board;
– Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check;
– CAM is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit resumes and inquiries via email to email@example.com
* * *