Museum Day FREE Admissions All Day
17th Annual Sacramento Museum Day Will Return on
First Saturday in February – February 7, 2015
with Free Admission to Participating Sites!
Imagine. Explore. Discover.
To the delight of the greater Sacramento area community, local museums will offer free admission from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, February 7, 2015, during the 17th Annual Sacramento Museum Day! Coordinated by the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) and the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, this hugely popular event has become a Sacramento cultural tradition, designed to introduce the community to experience the Capital City’s incredible wealth of art, history, science and wildlife. Many of the museums are within walking distance of each other and easily accessible via public transportation. Event coordinators suggest that guests plan to visit no more than two or three different museums on this day in order to allow adequate time to enjoy the experience and to travel between individual sites.
Due to the popularity of Sacramento Museum Day, some locations must limit the number of admissions for safety reasons. The event is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. but note the last guests will be admitted at 4 p.m.
About the Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM)
Comprised of 30 greater Sacramento area museums working in partnership with the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, SAM’s mission is to raise awareness of local museums by giving the community the opportunity to discover California’s fine art, history, science and wildlife treasures. SAM achieves its mission through implementing cooperative promotions and developing strategic marketing alliances, by encouraging sharing of knowledge and resources among its partner institutions, and by conducting Sacramento Museum Day each year.
Media Contacts: Traci Rockefeller Cusack at 916-213-4373, Cheryl Meyer at 916-445-2560 or Roy Kinji at 916-808-5150.
Participating Museums for Sacramento Museum Day 2015
- Aerospace Museum of California
- California Automobile Museum
- California State Capitol Museum
- California State Railroad Museum
- California Statewide Museum Collections Center
- Center for Contemporary Art, Sacramento
- Center for Sacramento History
- Discovery Museum Science & Space Center
- Don & June Salvatori California Pharmacy Museum
- Governor’s Mansion State Historic Park
- Heidrick Ag History Center (Woodland)
- Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park
- Maidu Museum & Historic Site
- Museum of Medical History
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum
- Old Sacramento State Historic Park
- Roseville Utility Exploration Center
- Sacramento Children’s Museum
- Sacramento Historic City Cemetery
- Sacramento History Museum
- Sojourner Truth Multicultural Arts Museum
- State Indian Museum
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Capitol Mall)
- Wells Fargo History Museum (Old Sacramento)